The course is designed for teaching some specific, apparently un-related computer applications
- Microsoft Project Manager
- Cascading Style Sheets
- MS PowerPoint
- How to prepare and give a successful presentation
- Competitive Analysis and Market Trends
- Use of the internet for directed research
In order to create a coherent learning atmosphere, these applications will be applied
in the following manner:
Each student will define a "business" he or she will "implement". For this
business, each student will:
- prepare a business plan (a Gantt chart, not a financial plan) using MS Project
- perform research on the internet to locate Competitive Analysis and Market Trends for the business
NOTE: this has NOTHING to do with the stock market.
- create a set of webpages describing that business
- create a slideshow presentation, also describing the business
- locate actual competitive analysis and market (NOT marketing) trends for the business
- spend 4 minutes in front of the class, presenting the slideshow
The instructor will demonstrate each student's webpages, as time permits.
All of the above will be graded.
Some previous "business" examples are:
- Manufacturing "Glow in the Dark" tennis balls
- Establishing a colony on Mars, starting at designing the rocket and ending with actual