Doing a presentation?
Here's a few suggestions that can lead to success.
DON'T READ YOUR SLIDES
DON'T MEMORIZE YOUR SLIDES AND SAY THEM WORD FOR WORD
Instead, add value to them.
- It's OK to have notes to remind you what to say, but
DON'T JUST READ THEM!!!
- Don't waste time talking about yourself.
- Have a table of contents or agenda slide.
- Don't waste time on unimportant details (put them on an extra slide, in case they are REQUESTED, but DON'T plan on showing them without that request!!!!!)
- KEEP the
- Remember the
- Make eye contact.
- Get to the point.
- Don't repeat things.
- Don't add too much animation, colors, backgrounds -
your audience will be watching the effects, and lose the content.
- Stand still.
- Don't play with things in your pockets
- Keep your arms uncrossed (crossed arms present an "I dare you" attitude).
- Dress professionally.
- Don't talk too fast or slowly.
- If you don't know the answer to a question,
say so and promise to get the answer
(AND DO IT!!!!)
- Ask someone (in advance) to take notes for you (like ALL questions asked).
- Have a getaway slide, and then